Saturday, October 20, 2007

Toni 2: Back in Stripes

As a lover of all things beautiful, I am a big fan of many designers and builders in SL. They constantly cause me to re-evaluate my work and raise my bar to achieve higher levels of work. I was in the midst of sharing my disappoinment at the opening of an RL designers new sim when I began thinking...hmmm my own could use a refresh too. So rather than moving everything to a skybox in the interim, I ask that you please pardon the dust as we makeover Kemet Island.

So I was in the midst of renovating and several clients were telling me how much they loved the Toni from last week. They had but one suggestion.... MORE! I humbly thanked them but stated that I try not to reuse patterns. I do short runs of items in only a few colors as a way of making me constantly do new and (hopefully) better clothing. Well 35 IMs later...lol... I gave in and offer these variations.

With that done, I returned to my boot project (and project it is.... I will not release it till it is perfect, much to the chagrin of those who have seen the betas... and you are wrong, it is not ready). I was right about to add a strap when I received a TP from Honor. After an hour of invaluable discussion she tried on the Laylah and said it was lovely but can she have the the white one. Ummmmm, there is no white one. SILENCE. I present to you also the Laylah in white lace (Honor does not like to be disappointed).

With that done (again), I returned to the store to place my White Ribbon Campaign signs. I have long been steadfast in my belief that there is no situation that justifies a man striking a woman. It is therefore with great hope that I take part in promoting this belief: to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women. I pray it is as successful as the great work that has been done by Jade Lily, Marymac Dougall and countless others to remind us we are our Brothers and Sisters Keepers.

Well that is all for the moment. To all those I have met for the first time this week...TY for sharing your world with me. For all of you...Love yourself more than you did yesterday and...

Always Feel Sexy

XXX,

SS

SHAKTURE COUTURE FLAGSHIP STORE


PS...the runway is officially open...so get to it ladies ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great work as always :D

Shenandoah Saintlouis said...

Shak, I can not tell you enough how much I love the outfit...:))